POM-Curry Barbecue Sauce:
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepot.
- Over medium heat, simmer and cook to slowly reduce by half.
- Cool down in an ice bath and store until ready to serve.
Yogurt Foam (optional):
- Place yogurt and water in blender and mix.
- Place mixed liquid into a whipping siphon.
- Charge with 1 cartridge, shake and keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Prepare fresh pomegranate arils, if necessary.*
- Season carrots with oil and salt, and char very well on the grill until tender on the inside.Make sure to turn carrots periodically to keep an even color all around.
- While the carrots are cooking, place POM-Curry Barbecue Sauce into a pot and slowly warm up.
- Remove pit and skin from avocado and cut into quarters. Season pieces with salt and fresh squeezed lemon juice, to taste. Put to the side for plating.
- When carrots are cooked, you’re ready to plate.
- Cut the avocado further into thin strips and place on each plate.
- Put the carrots on a tray and glaze all sides with the heated POM-Curry Barbecue Sauce.
- Arrange carrots on plates on top of and next to avocado.
- Remove whipping siphon from refrigerator and squeeze a couple dollops of yogurt foam on each plate.
- Drizzle the entire plate with POM-Curry Barbecue Sauce.
- Season everything on the dish with the Piment d’Espelette and then garnish each plate with fresh arils and 3 to 5 pieces of watercress.
*To prepare fresh arils, score 1 large P∂M Wonderful Pomegranate and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranate under water to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. Reserve ¾ cup of the arils from fruit and set aside. (Refrigerate or freeze remaining arils for another use.)