- For POM Shrub Base: Heat agave, red wine vinegar, and POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice in a small saucepan over medium heat until just simmering. Simmer for 5 minutes to concentrate the flavors.
- Add the POM Pomegranate Arils and simmer until the syrup has turned to a deep red color, another 7 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer mixture to a heat-proof glass jar. Cool to room temperature and then add the orange zest.
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate for at least one day before using.
- Strain the pomegranate arils out of the shrub before using the base.
- For Cocktails: Fill two glasses with ice. Add 1 oz. POM Shrub Base to each glass. Divide the POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice, orange juice, and vodka (if using) into the glasses. Top with ginger beer and club soda. Garnish with POM and an orange twist.
NOTE: Store the shrub base in the refrigerator and take out to make cocktails as desired. The whole shrub base can be used to make a batch cocktail that serves 12.