- For the Fasenjan Stew: Heat oven to 350°F. Place the walnuts on a baking sheet and toast for 6 to 9 minutes until fragrant. Allow to cool. Once cool, place 1 cup in the bowl of a food processor and blend until finely ground. Set aside. Reserve remaining ½ cup for garnish.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat with olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until softened. Add the lentils, cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, nutmeg, black pepper, and salt, and stir to coat in the spices. Allow to toast for a minute.
- Add the Halos zest, 5 cups vegetable stock, POM Juice, ground walnuts, pomegranate molasses and maple syrup. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce to a simmer over medium-low heat. Allow to simmer until the lentils are tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Add more water if the lentils become too dry, season to taste with salt.
- For the Saffron Quinoa: Simmer quinoa in 4 cups water and saffron. Cook until water is absorbed, and quinoa is tender. Season to taste with salt and set aside.
- Just before serving lentils, stir in remaining vegetable stock to create desired stew consistency. Serve the stew over the quinoa, then garnish with POM Arils, chopped walnuts, and cilantro.
*Visit POMWonderful.com for our pomegranate molasses recipe.